www.faltaporcorregir.com

El lenguaje es el instrumento de la inteligencia:
no lo desafines.
Language is the instrument of intelligence:
keep it tuned.

martes, 8 de junio de 2010

-Do you like music? -*Yes, I like

Short answers in English are very commonly used, since they are a more polite way of saying "yes" or "no".

To form the short answer, you use the first word from the (yes/no) question:

Can you play the guitar?
Yes, I can / No, I can't

Do you have a car?
Yes, I do / No, I don't

Have you got a laptop?
Yes, I have / No, I haven't

Did you sunbathe last weekend?
Yes, I did / No, I didn't

Do you like music?
Yes, I do / No, I don't



Look out! Sometimes we can't answer following the above rule:

Would you like something to drink?
Yes, please / No, thank you

Can you send a fax for me?
Sure / I'm afraid I can't...

No hay comentarios: